The Illinois Economy Needs CPR: Illinois Jobs Agenda 2012
Creating Prosperity Through Reform. Hear Gideon Blustein Present the Illinois Chamber of Commerce Talking Points
Gideon Blustein, Executive Director
ILLINOIS JOBS AGENDA 2012 TALKING POINTS
The Illinois Economy needs CPR: Creating Prosperity through Reform
ILLINOIS FACTOIDSLACK OF JOB GROWTH
· 48th in Job Growth between 1999 and 2009
· Unemployment Rate for December 2011 was 9.8%, 647,300 unemployedHIGH BUSINESS COSTS
· Corporate Income Tax Rate is 3rd highest among states
· Workers’ Compensation Costs are 4th highest among the statesDIFFICULT ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
· Forbes Ranks Illinois 41st Best Place for Business
· Rating Agencies Downgraded Illinois Credit Rating 9 Times in Last 3 YearsPENSION TIME BOMB
· Pew Center Ranks Illinois 50th in Public Employee Pension Funding
We know this, you know this, now come hear what The Illinois Chamber of Commerce is doing about it!
Lunch will be served. Register Here!