Economic Luncheon Series-November: Building A Health Care Reform Strategy
Now that the election is over, what will your strategy be to address the financial and employee relations impact of Health Care Reform?
No More Time To Wait and See:
What Is Your Health Care
Michael R. Engelhardt,
Senior Health and Welfare Strategist
• WHAT WILL THE FINANCIAL IMPACT BE TO MY COMPANY?
• SHOULD WE CONSIDER DISBANDING OUR PLAN?
• WILL WE BE SUBJECT TO ANY PENALTIES?
• ARE WE CONSIDERED A SMALL OR LARGE GROUP?
• HOW DO I CALCULATE MY FULL-TIME EQUIVALENT EMPLOYEE COUNT?
HIGH BUSINESS COSTS
· In many instances, the cost of disbanding a health plan is HIGHER than the cost of retaining group coverage.
· Insiders believe insurance companies are planning to increase renewals by double-digits to offset the adverse selection of guaranteed issue coverage.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS RISKS
· Even if it made sense to utilize exchanges, how would that impact your employee relations? Would this put your organization at a disadvantage? Would you be forced to compete for good talent, based on wages alone?
· Are your employees prepared for the increased contributions of a potentially more costly health plan? How will you help them become ready?
Join us for a round-table discussion to get answers to these and many other questions. Leave with a better idea of how your organization should navigate this reform.